clinical applications specialist
We are currently seeking an engaging, driven and passionate individual who, as a Clinical Applications Specialist, will support the introduction of revolutionary technology in radiation therapy (RT) for cancer. ViewRay's MRIdian Linac is game-changing technology and brings MRI vision to radiation therapy. The right person will enthusiastically embrace new challenges and be a part of a team dedicated to excellence. A self-starter with the determination and fortitude to approach each problem from multiple angles knowing that failure is always lurking yet will not let it dampen their drive for success. This person is motivated by the opportunity to change the way medicine is practiced to ultimately improve the lives of cancer patients being treated with radiation therapy, helping save human lives.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Responsible for educating and training customers on the ViewRay systems. This includes all software that is used on the Planning, Delivery and Data Management sides of the system.
- Develop and review training courses and materials for all ViewRay products.
- Provide on-site clinical support, assisting in product utilization and workflow optimization.
- Work closely with clinical sites to develop clinical case studies.
- Establish and document clinical protocols for use across clinical sites.
- Assist with Help Desk call center support.
- Act as clinical liasion for sales and marketing activities (tradeshow and sales demo support) .
- Provide clinical feedback and product improvements to Product Management.
- Review clinical facing documentation for consistency and accuracy as it relates to clinical practice.
- Support new software testing and evaluation.
- Provide creative energy to help push the boundaries of the status quo.
- A minimum of 4 years of clinical experience in Radiation Therapy
- A minimum of 2 years experience as a dosimetrist using radiation treatment planning software developing patients' plans.
- C.M.D. with a BS degree or equivalent preferred.
- Familiarity with a variety of treatment machines as well as treatment planning systems.
- Strong desire to have direct clinical experience with complex treatments like IMRT, SRS, SBRT and IGRT.
- Must have excellent communication skills and be able to develop strong working relationships with various departments in the clinic.
- Problem-solving skills: Strong ability to resolve a conflict or issue quickly and completely.
- Listening skills: The ability to determine the needs of the customers and follow through to find a solution to their needs.
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time.
- Must have strong analytical skills.
- Experience with encouraging others and embracing change.