director of human resources
ViewRay is seeking a creative, talented and experienced HR professional to establish a robust Human Resources Department in our growing high-tech
business. This is an opportunity to make a real difference as the first full-time HR professional of our company. The roles works closely with
Executive Management and includes all aspects of the HR function, including: recruitment, employee relations, training / development, compensation
/ benefits, compliance and workplace safety. We are a collegial, hands-on company where good humor and hard work combine to create exciting
innovations designed to improve cancer treatment for patients worldwide.
ViewRay Technologies, Inc., an Ohio based company with operations in Mountain View, California, develops advanced radiation therapy medical devices
for the treatment of cancer and other medical conditions. ViewRay's technology delivers radiation treatments while simultaneously providing
continuous imaging of the patient's anatomy. This allows doctors and other medical clinicians to see exactly where the radiation dose is being
delivered. Medical professionals are then able to adapt to changes in the patient's anatomy, including tumor movement, during the treatments.
This is the world's first and only MRI-guided radiation therapy technology for the treatment of cancer.
Location: Mountain View, CA
- Determine organizational priorities of Executive Management and identify methods to achieve them.
- Evaluate and assess current HR-related processes, practices and procedures.
- Develop action plan for staged improvements of all personnel-related matters.
- Report to Executive Management regularly on relevant personnel and organizational issues.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and employment legislation.
- Maintain responsibility for compliance with federal, state and local legislation pertaining to all personnel matters.
- Maintain and manage third party professional employment organizations.
- Assist Executive Management in the annual employee review process, including timeliness of completion.
- Coordinate and / or conduct employee on-boarding.
- Coordinate and / or conduct employee exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations and ensure compliance with employment regulations.
- Assist and advise managers on management responsibilities.
- Coach, counsel and guide managers on employee relations matters, including performance management and disciplinary action.
- Recommend, evaluate and participate in staff development.
- Assess personnel needs of HR function and advise Executive Management on resource improvement.
- Supervise personnel responsible for human resource tasks.
- Assist with recruitment as needed.
- Maintain compliant employee personnel files.
- Report, maintain and monitor all worker's compensation matters, including tracking status of open cases and reporting to Executive Management.
- Administer H-1B Visas process.
- Administer Employee Referral Bonus Program.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree.
- 5-10 years of human resources experience.
- Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM) or HR Certificatin Institute (HRCI) credentials preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced, hands-on Silicon Valley start-up.
Qualified candidates should submit their cover letter & resume to email@example.com, and please mention any ViewRay employee referrals.