ViewRay is looking for a Senior Buyer/Planner to plan, procure and manage materials for the ViewRay MRI guided radiotherapy system. This position is based out of the ViewRay California office in Mountain View and reports to the Senior Director of Materials.
- Balance demand against supply, and shepherd new orders through approval, acquisition, shipment, installation and service.
- Lead the selection, evaluation and qualification of new suppliers.
- Lead pricing negotiations; evaluate vendor quotes and services to determine appropriate suppliers; develop and negotiate supply
- Work with engineering & quality to release new products and product changes.
- Ensure that purchasing and materials issues are resolved in a timely and cost-efficient manner.
- Perform costing analysis; participate in forecasting materials requirements; lead significant cost reduction initiatives.
- Perform quality audits; track supplier quality issues; lead supplier corrective action management activities
Background and Experience
- Must have at least 7 years as a purchasing professional with increasing responsibilities; Must have 3 years in a senior role.
- Experience with a medical company is strongly preferred.
- Technical product understanding & knowledge is strongly preferred.
- Must have experience in a fast-paced NPI environment.
- Must have strong analysis skills and working level competence with MRP systems, Crystal Reports and other similar tools.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree is preferred.
- Should have experience in using continuous improvement systems (Lean, 6 Sigma) to achieve operational efficiencies and cost reductions.
- Must have experience in pricing negotiations, outsourcing activities, and international supply chain development.
- Should have experience working with third party logistics providers, multiple inventory locations and spare parts depots.
- Should have working level understanding of purchasing and materials requirements within an ISO 13485 or FDA regulated environment.
- Must work flawlessly in a team environment consisting of engineering, service, installation, quality, accounting & suppliers.
- Must have excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Must be able to travel up to 30%.
Qualified candidates should submit their cover letter & resume to MaterialsJobs@ViewRay.com