Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Microwave Engineering, or Physics (advanced degree preferred)
- 5+ years experience in development of formally released products with strong preference for large capital equipment such as medical devices, semi-conductor, instrumentation, communication, defense etc.
- Experience designing pulse-forming networks, transmission lines and switched capacitor banks
- Experience with high-power switches such as spark gaps, solid-state devices, thyratrons and linear induction accelerators
- Expert level competence in pulsed high power microwave technologies (3GHz – 10GHz; kilowatt to megawatt ranges); preferred background in radiotherapy Linac systems
- Experience in design, development and evaluation of pulse modulators and linac controls, pulse transformers, HV power supplies, and rf waveguides and transmission systems
- Competence with basic design tools (SPICE, LabView, MathCAD or MatLAB, HFSS, etc.)
- Understanding and experience in microwave measurements and analysis with use of network and spectrum analyzers, signal generators, power supplies and other microwave measurement equipment
- Knowledge of linear induction cells including magnetic circuits and properties
- Demonstrated knowledge of safety issues or potential hazards relating to pulsed power systems and devices and the use of interlocks and design features to mitigate risks and hazards.
- Possess dynamic, proactive, ambitious, “can do” attitude, strength of character, tenacity and credibility and able to create and respect strong working relationships with all levels of the organization
- Strong team player with a desire to work in a collaborative environment; good organizational and communication skills
Note: This engineer will be based out of Viewray’s facility in Mountain View, CA.
Qualified candidates should submit their cover letter & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, and please mention any ViewRay employee referrals.