senior manufacturing engineer
ViewRay is looking for a senior or principal manufacturing engineer to join our team and help Viewray execute on its growing order backlog and
ramp to volume. The successful candidate will be passionate about building state-of-the-art manufacturing processes at Viewray and share our
excitement in our ground-breaking products for MRI-guided Radiation Therapy in the fight against cancer.
- Engineering management of the global contract manufacturers for Viewray's products, determining root cause of quality and cost issues, and
driving to resolution.
- Identification, qualification and development of new suppliers of major product subsystems.
- Engineering ownership for new product introductions, including managing DFM reviews with suppliers, cost analysis and delivering document packages
for quotation from CMs.
- Testing and troubleshooting of electromechanical systems, defect resolution and corrective action.
- Proposing, designing and implementing major sustaining engineering initiatives to improve product reliability, cost structure, ease of manufacture
- Drives and manages roll out of change orders and deviation requests.
- Leads constant improvement in design and process engineering documentation for Viewray's products.
Background and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering Discipline, Master's degree preferred.
- Outstanding communication skills and proven ability to lead cross-functional projects and influence others inside and outside of the organization
- 8+ years experience with increasing levels of responsibility in manufacturing engineering of formally released products in full scale production
with preference for large capital equipment such as medical devices, semi-conductor, factory machinery, instrumentation, etc.
- Expert understanding of PLM systems and engineering documentation - mechanical drawings and models, electrical schematics, wiring diagrams,
- Deep expertise of manufacturing processes, including one or more machining, pcb manufacture, electromechanical final assembly and functional
- Expert level understanding of BOM structuring, engineering process and engineering practices.
- Experience in reliability engineering and design for manufacturability and serviceability.
- Proven experience in lean techniques and / or six sigma methodology.
- Working level competence in rigorous implementation of ISO 9001, with ISO 13485 preferred.
- Possess dynamic, proactive, ambitious, "can do" attitude, strength of character, tenacity and credibility. Able to create and respect strong
working relationships with all levels of the organization.
- Note: this engineer will be based out of Viewray's facility in Mountain View, CA.
Qualified candidates should submit their cover letter & resume to firstname.lastname@example.org